Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Last Day of School

   Today was a big day. There were 4 graduates and a boy who passed to next grade; a grade 9 grad, a grade 4 grad, a kindergarten grad, a graduation back into mainstream education and a boy who passed grade 2. Phew!
*Image courtesy of einarson.pbworks.com
    It was a joyous, sad, proud kind of last day. We arrived to school armed with a watermelon and pineapple party tray. The Kindies were having the fruit feast before releasing the butterflies they nurtured from "callepitters", my grade 2 troublemaker ensured the last day did not go unrewarded ~ a special phone call home from the vice Principal ~ sigh. (Spirited is what she called him and how I shall refer to him from now on.)
*Image courtesy of picturesof.net
    The grade 4 class celebrated with a pizza party & my grade 6 graduate finished his 2 year stint in a school specializing in advancing literacy skills. He rocked the program! Tearfully he is leaving a newfound group of friends that learn the same as he does, to return to his friends from a couple years ago. Tough day for him.
    My grade 9 grad was offered the chance to enroll in the International Baccalaureate program in grade 10. Is there a genius in the house? Oh yeah!
*Image courtesy of macrotomicro.blogspot.com
    I have the most amazing children. Reading their report cards, farewell wishes from friends and encouraging letters/cards from teachers today, I realized just how wonderful, caring and clever other people believe my Lovelies are, and they are so right! My heart is swollen and there is a lump in my throat, I may just be the proudest Momma on the block!
*Image courtesy of cleanbreak.ca
Love, love, love you Guys!

Until next time, I'm off to reward my Lovelies with an ice cream treat.

1 comment:

  1. There are a couple of very proud Aunties here in Rundle. We are so happy that they were able to shine this year and really make the best of it! Way to go Kidlets!

    Love Auntie Teri & Auntie Sabrina xoxox

    ReplyDelete